The Opera Glove Message Board Forum Index The Opera Glove Message Board
The discussion forum of For the Love of Opera Gloves. NOTICE: DON'T FILL IN PROFILE INFORMATION WHILE REGISTERING - otherwise your application will be rejected as a spambot! NEW MEMBERS PLEASE CONTACT ADMIN TO BE ACTIVATED!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stuck in latex gloves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Opera Glove Message Board Forum Index -> Opera Glove Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rachel
Opera Glove Devotee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Stuck in latex gloves Reply with quote

Okay so the other day I get this pair of long latex gloves (black, almost to the shoulder) I'm not a big fan of latex, but I thought they'd be fun, so I decided to give them a try. That night I tried them on, but they were very small. They became very hard to put on, but I managed to do it. They were the tightest gloves I've ever worn in my life, but decided to have fun wearing them. I went to bed with them on and woke up the next day still gloved. I took a shower with them on, and when I got out, I had to get ready to go to work, so I decided to take them off. There was just one problem:

I COULDN'T TAKE THEM OFF!

They were literally stuck on my hands. I tried everything getting them off, even pulling them off inside-out, but I couldn't get a grip. Unfortunately, I didn't have much time, because I had to go to work. They were longer than any gloves I had, so I couldn't just hide them with others. So I got a pair of my black leather opera-gloves and put on a coat to avoid being seen in these rediculous gloves (people see me in leather gloves all day long, so nobody would say anything). I got through the day never taking my coat off so nobody would see these latex ones. Meanwhile, my arms were really going crazy as these gloves were cutting off my circulation.

I finally got home, removed my coat and leather gloves and tried desperately again to remove these abominations. In fact, I was about to cut them with scissors before my roomate came back from work. I told her what had happened and she just started laughing at me. Regardless, she worked for a while getting the gloves off, and it might have taken a long time, but she pulled them off my hands. My arms sighed!

That night and all yesterday I didn't wear gloves at all. But this morning, I got back into it wearing my blue leather gloves. But those latex gloves are going in the garbage!
jellymonster
Opera Glove Fancier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hee hee hee!!! Sounds like the type of fun trouble I'd get into - but many would say throwing the latex gloves away would be a waste, and I'm sure Jimmy would take them off your hands (Horrible pun intended).
blackburn
Opera Glove Lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering, Rach, does it feel odd to you to go a day w/o wearing gloves? Like, I keep a sketchbook and pencil with me constantly, and feel ...off... w/o them. Do you feel that way without your gloves?
Someguy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, sounds like fun. Good story.
Jellymonster: I don't even know what the horrible pun is, so don't worry.
blackburn
Opera Glove Lover

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy, jimmy...

something along the lines of "jimmy would take them off your hands"

get it? cause she couldn;t get hr gloves off, and what's his name is using the expression colloquially, just happens to be literally applicable here.

You dig?
elguante
Opera Glove Fancier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuck in latex gloves Reply with quote

Don't they make some kind of oil/lubricant for latex gloves like that to help get on and off?

Or is that only to maintain their shine?

Sorry to sound so ignorant - latex opera gloves are one of few types that I don't own. (and don't really plan on... especially after hearing about Rachel's woes...)

EG
Someguy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I thought you were saying something dirty... maybe it's just my dirty mind... nevermind.

Elguante, I think the oil is used to make the gloves shinier, but I could be wrong.
Gibson
Opera Glove Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rachel,

That sounds like it was a bit of a tough day for you!! I've heard, but have no experience with this, that you are supposed to put on a good coat of baby powder before slipping on latex gloves. And, I suppose, since they don't breathe at all, you're also not supposed to wear them as long as other gloves (as you've now unfortunately found out).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Opera Glove Message Board Forum Index -> Opera Glove Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: